I’m a teacher and a writer. (I feel like a lot of bios start like that.) Due to those two thing, however, I’m expectedly a little off my rocker and so, as a reader I enjoy a large variety of stories, as long as they have a bit of madness.
This ranges from YA Fantasy to adult Fantasy and Science Fiction and the many genres that slip between. As long as its speculative. I like to find stories that offer a different point of view, whether that’s on a certain topic or trope or if it’s in the characters themselves.
As a writer, I’m pretty much the same.
I’m happily married to an awesome man named Jon and we have a dog named Harley Quinn and a cat named Ororo. I love slushies, jalapeño poppers and comics. And I’m a huge Batman fan.
My favorite books/graphic novels/comics ever (in no order whatsoever)
- The Rice Mother by Rani Manicka
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera
- Identity Crisis written Brad Meltzer, penciled by Rags Morales and inked by Michael Bair
- Hack/Slash Vol. 1
- Runaways (both the Vaughn and Whedon runs)
- House of M Crossover 8-issue series
- Snakes and Earrings by Hitomi Kanehara
- Look for me by Moonlight by Mary Downing Hahn
- Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause
- Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton
- The Windup Girl by Paulo Bacigalupi
- The Lonely Werewolf Girl by Mark Millar
- Night’s Engines by Trent Jamieson.